Personal flaws. We all have them. So friends, I think we’re overdue for another #RealTalk , what do you think? As human beings we are flawed…we just are. No matter how positive our attitudes, what we do to change our ways or how much therapy we take, it’s just the cold hard truth. Now, I’m don’t mean to sound depressing here, but, this is truly something I’ve had to come to a realization to.
Guess what – that’s OK!
Don’t get me wrong here – I am a very happy person. But, I find myself constantly having struggled with several of the same flaws over time. For starter’s, as a
recovering perfectionist, my mind is automatically programmed to think my best still isn’t good enough. I know what you’re thinking – why do you do that to yourself?
I wish I had the answer to that; it would make my life much simpler and a lot less exhausting! 😉 Maybe consider that my “official” first flaw. However, let’s keep going though.
Here it is people. My personal flaws….
- I am way too hard on myself – no matter what the situation, more time than I’d like to admit, if I don’t do something perfectly or don’t get the outcome I had hoped for, I “beat myself up” mentally. This is very closely aligned I’ve realized to my “perfectionist problem”.
- I have trouble asking for help – I am a very independent woman. I like accomplishing things on my own When I’m given a task, even a huge one (where most normal humans on this earth would ask for help with), I try to tackle it on my own. Here’s the thing – it is OK to ask for help; it’s healthy and will make your life so much easier. I probably should take me own advice! 😉
- For as long as I can remember, I have always compared myself to others – I have done this since I was a teenager. Even now, as a woman in her early 30’s, I still do. There will always be someone who is more successful, smarter or seems to have a more fabulous life than you; it’s something you have to accept. Here’s what
you haveI’ve had to realize -,that doesn’t make them better than you or their life better than yours. You are unique. You are beautiful. There is no one else like you in the world.
- On the outside, I seem like a very confident person, but guess what – self confidence is something I have and still am struggling with
- I overthink things…like….way, way too much. I always try to think of every possible outcome to a situation, wonder if I’ve made the right decision or worry about how to solve what seems like a complex problem, when really, the solution is, well, much simpler than you think.
View post on imgur.com
“Our flaws are what makes us human. If we can accept them as part of who we are, then they really don’t have to be an issue.” – Ellen Degeneres
It’s a funny thing you know, admitting our personal flaws. For me, it’s been quite freeing. A lot of what I
confessed to mentioned here have been things I’ve been keeping inside and struggling with on my own; not something I recommend doing.
What are some of ” your flaws” you’re struggling with and working on?