I’m sure I’m not the only one faced with the dilemma of a good makeup routine in such sweltering heat! Summer weather calls for a much lighter look and the use of products that can help you “beat the the heat”! Through a little research ( i.e. YouTube videos/tutorials and the blog of the fabulous KeikoLynn
), I’ve found what so far has been a great summer beauty routine and has has definitely helped me “beat the heat”!
What I use:
1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
: BB Cream in general BY FAR has to be the best makeup discovery I have ever made! It’s like it was made specifically for summer. Smashbox’s Camera Ready BB Cream
is IT! This amazing stuff moisturizes, primes, has SPF 35, controls oil and covers just like a foundation, but without feeling heavy!
2. Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing & Antiwrinkle Concealer
: This concealer provides great and smooth coverage without looking too heavy or caked on. What’s cool about this one is that it contains several natural antioxidants that help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Yes, yes, at only 30 years old I already have “anti-aging” on my mind!
3. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
: I usually always use loose powder; even during the fall and winter. I just like the way it “sets” my foundation and concealer and while still providing great coverage. This one is great and feels so light on my skin.
4. Revlon Color Stay Blush in ” Tawny Peach”: Revlon is one “drug store” brand that I have used for years and will continue to do so. The quality of their products is stellar. I love their color stay products and have loved the results from their blush from this product line.
6. NARS Eyeshadow Duo in “Key Largo”
: I honestly don’t always wear eyeshadow during the summer. When I do I usually go for a very light, shimmery and natural look to go with my eyeliner. I love this one my NARS. It’s very natural looking adds just the right amount of shimmer.
7. L’oreal Telescopic Length Mascara: Another “drug store” find, yes, but it is amazing! I honestly would compare this to Dior Show Mascara. My lashes have never looked so full and long. Of the drug store mascaras I’ve tried, this one is one of the best.
What’s your summer makeup routine? Any products you swear by or recommend?